Unusual Sunday morning


It is a Sunday morning at home and unlike any Sundays, I wake up early - just at the crack of the dawn. Went out of the bed and sit around for a while absorbing the feel of my home. I don't feel like putting music on and destroying the calm. Sat for a long time and jotted down the plan of the day in my mind. Morning sip of green tea and the newspaper got dropped at the doorstep. The sun is filtering through all the windows in all the rooms. Its all very quiet, the kind which makes you feel like tip-toeing and whispering even when noone's around.
S is still sleeping, and Shreya too deep asleep in a very unusual posture. 
Its the perfect kind of time to get back to bed with a half-done book and that's what I do, stealthily, so as not to wake them. The walls are bright with the sunlight coming in through the curtains and the room seems to be glowing. There is a slight breeze once I opened all the windows and I watch the lazy patterns forming on the wall with the sun, the window bars and the trees outside.
I am reading with my back to S and suddenly he turns in his sleep , holds me tight as if to stop me from going anywhere. With his face in my neck, I feel his breathing and keeping the book away, I lie back. Sometimes somethings are so magical and I live my thousand life in that moment!

Comments

Popular Posts