Reality check

I realized from a friend's incidence today how there are some things in life that we just take for granted - or rather I do. For instance -  having the best parents in the world, marrying my childhood sweetheart and falling in love with the same person over and over again ever since last 16yrs  (yes, you read it right), beautiful daughter who can make your day with her sun-shine smile, hands full of good-friends whom I can call my own, excellent organization to work for, good family and support system .. the list actually is longer than I expected. 
Every now and then, I assume that I am entitled to all of the above but the reality is that not everyone is so lucky, and then I count my blessings and remind myself that having some or all of them isn't a right, but a privilege.
What do you think?

Comments

  1. This is a kala-tika post. :) It's so good to count out blessings every now and then, like your reality check.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @memyhubbynbaby: thanks for dropping by my blog. yes, we tend to take things for granted on a daily basis unless there are some "real things" which help you get back to reality.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts