Mixed weekend & a super happy-wala Monday

Friday evening Shreya fell down from a height of about 1 feet and there was none other than me standing right beside her in the same room. Everything just happened within a fraction of second, without me realizing it. Shocked me picked her up and I could see some blood oozing out of her head. I did not give a second thought and rushed her to the hospital (thankfully I have a multispecialty hospital within 5 mins drive-able distance from my house). The ped checked and wanted to have a proper look after the nurse clean those blood strains. Fortunately the cut was not deep but was enough to leave a scar, if left unattended. The doctor suggested that stitch would be a good idea and this would also prevent any kind of infection. She was then taken to the procedure room and I was instructed to wait outside. That 4-5 mins were undoubtedly the longest in my life, as  I stand helplessly outside the procedure room while Shreya was undergoing the stitches, screaming her heart out. I was then called inside the room and there I see my brave daughter with a bandage around her head, eager to come to me as soon as she saw me. Thankfully all went fine and the wounded area is still under bandage and would need a final review from doctor after 5 days.

Although the whole episode sounds scary but I was taken aback by a different side of my kid which I have seen for the first time. I was amazed by the way she bravely waved me goodbye as the doctor took her to the procedure room, the way she replied back to all the questions doctor was asking her in order to divert her attention and that too when she must be in terrible pain, the way she obediently listened to the doctor and did not even touch the bandage since last 4 days. 
Shreya, yes sweetheart, I was touched by the maturity that a two years old can show while her 30 year old Mom was under a panic attack, the smile that she wore while she walked into the hospital casualty room with all blood over her head, the brave face that she held while the doctor was stitching her up. 

Rest of the weekend went as planned. With all those stitches and bandage, I did not see any change in activity of my toddler (and thank God for that) and hence we went ahead with all the activities and parties planned, ofcourse with a bandage on her head. 
Play date was planned for Saturday and we had a blast there. Christmas party was organised by a friend and enjoyed with lovely food. Sunday morning was spent at Satsang and some shopping for the upcoming vacation. All in all, an eventful weekend with a twist.

With all those hungama over the weekend, Monday had some more twist stored for me. Yes, its that time of the year when we have appraisals/ reviews and all the drama associated with it. Monday late-afternoon, I was called by my Manager for a one-on-one discussion and the moment I entered the room, I was received by a warm smile. The smile said it all and I was touched by the discussion that followed next (I don't think I can quote the words here as the discussion is supposed to be employee-manager confidential). 
I was floored by those words and the rest of the discussion just blurred out for me or rather did not matter to me. For me, that was my appraisal, and it meant so much more that the hike percentage and bonus seemed insignificant.
Sometimes, one line judges our "work's worth", isn't it? 
This one surely made me smile.

Comments

  1. Hope Shreya is doing just fab now. And Sumita don't know what exactly happened at the appraisal, but I'm sure you deserve every bit of the praise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl. Yes, Shreya is doing just fab...touchwood.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations Sumita (on the appraisal), mine is planned on this Thursday!. Hope Shreya is feeling better now :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts