I am I


Years have gone by, three long decades has passed by. 
I have realized what that special something in me that helps me stand out of the crowd.
And that it is my spirit. 
The spunk that resides somewhere deep inside me and comes to my aid without fail to face life’s trials and tribulations. It has helped hold my head high and look people who have wronged me, in the eye. It has stood me in good stead all my life, helping me rise again during the many times I have almost fallen. It has let me be myself without the need for any outside certification or approval to feel good about myself. It has dared me to reject and question. It was the source from which I drew while making some of the very tough decisions in life.

My spirit is what made and makes my life a celebration. 
Momentary lapses happen, when something or someone hurt enough to make you stumble in your stride, for thorns always prick and draw blood, dimming the celebration briefly. But, sooner or later, the knowledge reasserts itself: I am I. 
None can take that away from me. 
I celebrate the knowledge I have about myself. 
I celebrate my indomitable spirit.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts