April isn't over and so is the celebration

We're almost half way through April and it does not seem to have stopped surprising me. 
April is my favourite month - this is my birth month and till today I wait for April right from May. Although all good things waited for February to come into my life. I met S in Feb, I conceived in Feb, we booked our first home in Feb. Isn't that a magical coincidence?
But this April did not come in a very good note and with sudden emergency in my family, this year was an exception and I was in no mood of birthday celebration and have kept the day low key - temple, pooja, shopping and dining out.
But S was not happy with it and had declared the whole month as "birthday(read celebration) month" for me. He knows that I love to live it up, and he had been a proof of that since a decade. And 30 is a good age to start living it up, wouldn't you say? 
So there, I said it - the big 3-Oh! And believe me, as the cheesy line goes, I am loving it so far!
So with the said birthday month in progress, I am currently being treated like a queen and the entire house is enacting like a "Ginni" at my service **wink wink**
So here are the list of services planned for yours truly :-
- Restless part of me always looks for something new and I had been thinking of a "new look" for long. Initial idea was to go for temporary curling of my hair which was not perceived very well by S. Next and the only option that I had is to chop-off my hair and try a new style in short length. And there I get a salon treatment and the end result was not a disappointment. Got good feedback in FB, work and people around and most importantly S is excited about this new look and this is what I need :)
- The other day I passingly mentioned about my love for hammock and how much I miss my swing that I had in my native, just outside my room. And today as I returned back from office, to my surprise the drilling person had been called and all the arrangements had already been made to have the thing in place. His initial idea was to surprise with the full package in place before I return back from office but it seems he did not get the particular kind which I fantasized. Well, my happiness knows no bound since then and I am already ready with all the details needed to get the purchase done.
- I was interested to enroll for a class (details in a separate post) and S declared that the same would be checked-out from the list over the weekend. Woohoo...lets see how much we stick to the plan.
- Another thing that I can't wait for is the vacation that is planned at the end of this month. Tickets are booked, leave applied and we are all set for the family-fun. Yes, he named it "my bday gift" (Don't know how many gifts he plan to give me this year..well, who complains?) and that too in one of my fav place - my SIL's place in Hyd. I had been to hyd quite a few times, 4 times to be precise, but the actual fun is that I will get to spend some time with my SIL. So what big deal here, you ask? To give you a background, she is one of my favorite person and I absolutely adore her. Strikingly independent but humble to the core and that is what fascinates me about her. I always confess that if I ever had a big sister, she would have been like her. She is less of my SIL and more like my big sister to me with whom I can discuss anything under the sun. And to add to the zing, my nephew is crazy about Shreya. He is a BIG BOY now but the bonding between both of them is spectacular and for me the positive side is that I have a ready-made super-happy baby-sitter in place. What more can I ask for?
So with all this in plate, as far as I can think back, this is the best birthday month I ever had.  As I said before, if age is inversely proportional to the fun you have in your life, then I don't mind getting old.

Comments

Popular Posts