Why should boys have all the fun?

I am breaking all the rules that I had set for myself. 
Restless part of me always hunts for something new, learning new skills - maybe in professional or personal front, take challenges, get tensed and then laugh a lot, the thrill of the first success, the pat-at-the-back, those silly mistakes and the sudden success after multiple trails. These things definitely give me high...
The last one that I tried was "learning to drive 2 wheeler". Yes, I am of such category who has not even tried her hands on cycling. Terrible road fear had created a mind-block against any kind of driving. But when I re-joined back after my maternity leave, I realized that since my office is at such close proximity (less than 4km), it would be ideal if I can be independent in terms of conveyance. Tremendous support from family - mainly my FIL and S. So there I start my training under my FIL and now I stand in a position where this independence is paying me big-time. Total flexibility in terms of timings is a blessing, which I have realized now. So, 1 BIG thing was checked out adding a crown on my head ;)
Today I tried my hand on yet another thing which I always wanted to learn but dreaded to give it a shot. And to add the confidence, my teacher said that "I was a pretty decent student for the 1st day". Super thrilled...
More details once I master it a bit. 
What's new with you, these day? 

Comments

  1. Hats off re....i had driven two-wheeler for at 5-6 years before I shifted to gurgaon for my job...then marriage happened...and now after a gap of almost 5 years once mu hubby asked to drive my FIL's new Activa...I was in zero confidence....lotz of coaxing and even pillion riding by hubby didn't work and i am really embarrassed about it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @NB: I suggest u give it a shot again with a clear mind. If u knew riding, it shouldn't be a problem, even after years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree... one should never say No to anything new... Like I want to take my love for baking to another level by doing a full fledged diploma soon... Really happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Falak: diploma in baking? that sound wow...BTW, I would like to learn ABC of baking. Care to be my guide ;) ?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts