Pishimoni


Going to Deogarh will never be the same for me again.

Never knew that a phone call saying that "Pishimoni (my father's sister) had a mild heart attack" on Mar 7th evening could be an end of many things in many of our lifes. 
Mar 9th she was transferred to Kol hospital and Baba flew from Silchar to give support to my cousin.
She was recovering and was able to recognise Baba, even talk couple of sentences which gave a frail hope to the entire family.
And then things started getting astray. 
Mar 11th was a terrible day when she was put on a scary looking ventilator. From a sudden heart attack to ICU to ventilator to emergency MRI to brain clot to fluid accumulation around the brain....things got bad to worse within a span of a week. 
Saturday, Mar 24th, she was taken-off from ventilator and the team of doctors decided to go-ahead with brain operation to drain out the fluid. This step from the doctor gave infinite hope. The procedure turned to be successful and we were all looking forward for her to gain consciousness. 
But destiny has some other tale and I lost my Pishimoni on 26th Mar afternoon.
The pain and the trauma that she had undergone for last 20 days had left the entire family shattered.
I was very attached to her...not that we used to talk regularly...but I always knew she is one of those person who is ready to lend me an ear come what may might, someone I can demand any crazy stuff, someone I can talk after months and still start from the point I left. As I referred in one of my earlier post, she is one of my "Mental Spas".

I am lost since I got the news yesterday. It is still so very, so very hard to imagine the Deogarh house without you, Pishimoni. Since yesterday, I am inconsolable and tears are uncontrollably flowing continuously. 
I still can't talk about you without crying. It is still sinking in that you are not there with us...anymore.

A very recent pic taken during Ena's marriage last Dec. 
I know this picture has not done justice to the beautiful person that you are, Pishimoni but this is the latest pic that I have in my archive.

I love you and I will miss you...always.






Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts