Color of womanhood


Coincidentally this year "Holi" and "Woman's day" was on the same day and surprisingly I find a strange similarity between these two - colors and womanhood. Can you think of your life without colors or can you think of your life without woman? The plain answer is "No way!"
So, how did I spent my day, u ask? Well, I had a flavor of all - surprises, fun, nostalgia and intimacy.
First surprise was at the moment I entered my work-place. My desk, for that matter all the ladies cubicle, was tastefully decorated with a "thank you note" along with a "red rose" placed next to it. Smiles all around and it was enough to bring that extra zing to kick start the day. Next comes another surprise when we went to the cafeteria to see that couple of stalls has opened up for the day which has some gorgeous women's stuff - sari, salwar suit, kurti, top, dress material, home decor. Window shopping started and I ended up buying a mix-n-match kurti - the kind which is pleasant on eyes during a summery afternoon. Retail-therapy is always a mood-enhancer, isn't it?
Afternoon was spent in a function arranged for this eve, specially meant for the woman employee and it consisted of quiz, inspirational video (featured a talk by Facebook CEO) and panel discussion. All in all, a very motivational session and I ended up coming out of the auditorium all charged up and brimming with pride on the diversity that we as an woman are empowered with. Next was a coffee & snacks session which had lots more to offer than just coffee.
Getting back to my seat, I was handed over a "bamboo plant beautifully decorated in a pot"  and a "diary-milk" by my manager. It seems thatz a momento being offered to all the woman employee. Felt delighted and absolutely blessed to be in an organisation and surrounded by people who, not only made an honest effort to make us feel special, but also a place where you are recognized and valued for.
All happy, I returned home just to get the news that Dadabhai (my cousin) and Rijitha is coming to play holi at our place. With much excitement waited for them to come when we painted each other in all the colors that were available (I was spared coz Shreya was glued to me for rest of the evening). Sweets, balloons, loud music and a pag of high note - we were all set to paint the whole city ;). Next gave a surprise visit to another cousin's place and packed our food and drinks on the way back. 
There is something about being at a long table occupied by family. The chatter, the cross-talk, the inside jokes that have gone on for years, the sharing of food and drink and the family secrets. We talked of travel plans and life plans and all the things that crossed our mind then. A noisy evening which ended up in an intimacy to be cherished forever.  


My favorite among all the clicks for the occasion:


                     

Comments

  1. wow..seems u had a blast on holi :-)

    saw shreya's pics on FB...ohhh shez so pretty...loved her locks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Nibedita: Thank u so much! Ya, holi plan was a spontaneous and we ended up having lots of masti.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts