Father's instinct

Yesterday evening we went to Cloud 9 for Shreya's shot. We had an appointment but since we got late by 20 mins (thanks to last minute con-call), we had no other choice but to wait for our turn to meet the doctor since we had already missed out allotted timing. 
In case you haven't been to that hospital, its beautifully made up with attractive postures, baby-pictures and colors, huge LCD playing kids-channel and an equally big projector projecting games/puzzles. Needless to say, the kid in me got engrossed in the said puzzle, husband's nose deep in newspaper and Shreya was left on her own while her nanny keeping a close eye on her. The puzzle being so interesting diverted all of us and Shreya being the super-active toddler was suddenly declared missing by her nanny. 
Shocked me and her nanny started looking around the entire lobby where on the other hand the husband went straight outside to look for her. 1 second seemed to me like an hour and my heart started pounding heavily as she goes completely traceless. I made a multiple rounds of the same place screaming her name, asking frantically the nurses about her, looking into all the rooms when suddenly one lady pointed saying that "Here she is". Unable to believe my ears, I came rushing to that place to see that S, who seemed all cool, is carrying Shreya back inside the waiting lounge. S told that he found Shreya playing with the fountain water just at the entrance of the hospital. On inquiring what was she upto, she replied that she went there for swimming (she has drawn a co-relation between water and swimming and often refers water as "swim-swim").  I was almost in my tears while I hugged her tightly unable to let go of the horror and could think of nothing but to thank God and of course S, who seemed to have guessed that Shreya would be there in front of the fountain. 
Strangely, this did not occur to me although I very well know how much she is fascinated with those fountains every time we visit this place. I died my thousand death in that 2 long minutes and the evil thought of what all could have happened still leaves a chill in my body. But I had a great take-away on the awesome bond that the father-daughter duo shares and how well S understands Shreya leaves me smiling and heave a great sense of satisfaction.

Comments

  1. Ohhh babba...that was scary re!! I must say she is smart enough to remember the way to that fountain!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @NB: I can't tell u how much I was shocked by that incident. This gen kids are born smart :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts