'Father's day'

This post should have come up on last Sunday but since i was determined to be off from my laptop to enjoy my day with S square and complete some mess that had been waiting for me since long, blogging took the back seat.
As some of my friends would know that my mind has been on fire for the last two weeks on the gift that Shreya can give her father on her 'First Father's Day' together (last year we were in India whereas her Pappa was in Canada). With lots of googling and search, when I was about to give up with those same boring gift ideas, a friend came to rescue and I was  bowled over (seems like my cricket hang-over is still on) with her idea of a hand-imprint card and the line. So, I went ahead and got all the required supplies needed for the preparation. The day was almost there but it was getting difficult to prepare the card as S would be home most of the time (he works-from-home). Ultimately with lots of struggle and time-management, we could manage to get that 10mins and hurriedly took Shreya's hand-imprint on a card and did some design along with her at the back of the card. Shreya too was excited although she is too young to understand the intent of this card. YAY!!! the card got ready and I was excited to see S's reaction. You know, how difficult it is to keep secrets when you live under the same roof, share even the silliest of things starting from password to crushes. God, it can drive anyone crazy!!
So here comes the day and the Pappa was handed over the card with lots of sloppy kisses and big bear hug by Shreya. You should have seen his reaction to believe it..hee hee. Firstly he was unable to understand what the card is for (he is not at all a date-person) and how on earth his princess has made this and lastly all misty-eyed to read the line written on the card (the card reads 'Remember the hand you had hold when I was only two. You are the bestest DAD. Love you, Pappa'). I was completely awww seeing them all kissie-missie the rest of the day as the father was obliging to all the silly request of his princess and she was taking that advantage. Evening Pappa took us for dinner and later had an ice-cream treat at home. All in all, it was FUN, FUN, FUN.
Shreya, one day you will grow up and have your own words to wish your dad. To sing songs and make cards and color a drawing and bake a dish. Until then, I oblige and speak for you and make him feel special for such a awesome dad he is and wish him a very happy father's day. But then again, if you had your own words, I am sure you would wonder why celebrate only one day when you both can laugh your heart out, play those crazy games, blow bubbles together, read and write together, talk in your own language, ignore me(!!!), bury your nose in each other's tummy and celebrate each other's company every single day.

Comments

Popular Posts