Oooops Moment...!!!

So I have a tag in the bag :)
Well, I have been tagged by a fellow blogger and friend NB to share my 'Oooops moment'. May not be as 'masale-daar' as the one depicted by NB and Falak but this is the latest one that comes to my mind. Sorry for the short-term memory :)
Okay, for all those who know me will agree that I have a very unique way of getting people's attention when I want to make a point in a group. I scream load!
Irritating but yes, I do scream sometime and that too loudly. Usually its a ‘heeyyy' but it may differ based on the topic that’s being discussed at that point.

It once so happened, that we were at this restaurant in Bangalore as a part of friend's get-together. Friends along with their family made it a huge group. I ensured that I got a seat that gave me a good look of everyone, allowed me to hear what each one of them was talking and also one that had easy access to all the food on the table :-). After we devoured our appetizers and were waiting for the main course to arrive, all of us were sipping on our drinks and one of them happened to trigger a very interesting topic on working vs stay-at-home women and their habits and what not ! Needless to say, all the guys began contributing their few cents (ha!) and the conversation started getting hot with everyone’s experiences also pouring in. Though I was also pretty much involved in the discussion, I suddenly had a point to make…a pretty strong one and one which I was sure I would forget if I put it off even for the next few seconds. I had to get it out of my head immediately. So I screamed ‘heeeyyy listen’ loud!

I think I had quite forgotten that we were not the only ones in that place. My loud cry (yeah, you can call that) was so thunderous that the entire restaurant went into a dead silence and all of them looked towards our table. Next to our table was an infant who started crying because of this 'loud scream' and one of my friend told me later that a kid throwing tantrums also stood shocked for a moment at this loud outcry. Embarrassed as I was, my friends made it all the more worse by staring back at me and then breaking into this infectious laughter! 
For a second, I was blank and few seconds later when I could get back to my sense, I said a faint ‘I’m sorry’ to everyone around and turned towards my group who was still laughing then. Even I had seen the waiters laughing after a while later and so were the people seated in the table next to us.
My friends still pulls my leg because of this incident and me, yeah, I am working on this 'bad habit' before Shreya starts pointing it out to me **hide face in embarrassment**!!!

Comments

  1. Oh Oh.... I can so relate to this one, its happened to me so many times... and it sure is Embarrassing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaah I was visualizing and it cracked me up :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts