Budday Blast

July is special for me as I celebrate a very special person's birthday that month - my dear husband's. It was S's milestone birthday this year - the first one with Shreya in our life (last year he was in Canada). 
Lots of brain-storming happened on what to do on this day and how to celebrate. Initial idea was to spend the day in a resort but later dropped the idea because of all the driving that needs to be done. Guess the 'love for water' runs in entire family and this is what we ended up doing on his (happy) birthday :-
- Midnight celebration included sweets, gifts (watch from me, formal suit from parents, formal shoe from himself and lots of sloppy kisses from Shreya) and wishes
- Morning went to temple followed by BIG 'Ma-special' bong-style breakfast at home - luchi, aloo-dum, payesh, sandesh...yum, yum, yum.
- Lumbini garden was in our list ever since we heard about the wave-pool. Gang landed up there around 11-ish and had 2 long hours of pool-time. Shreya had so much fun that we had to literally drag her out of the pool. 
- Bong lunch at Kolkata Kitchen. Food was good, if not great, but the 'misti-doi' was yummy
- Evening headed to Oasis mall to find big, big crowd there because of annual discount. Awesome offer and we ended up buying a formal shoe for S, a crocs for Shreya and a skin-fit denim for myself :P
Now fasten your seat belts  you are about to face a hurricane of photographs:




Can a day be better than this?


That’s my sunshine baby frolicking in gorgeous weather celebrating her Papa's b'day

Mummum's doll

By the pool

Buddies

Wave pool..YAY

Slides and the water pool

The best bonding I have seen

After the shower

Pappa's pet

Budday boy

Baba was the photographer again :P

P, its amazing how many years have passed by since we met.
And all this year I have spend loving you as a friend, as a lover, as a husband.

I loved the gawky teenager that I met more than a decade ago and I love the man whose first grey hair makes my heart flip. I love your li'l paunch just as much as I loved your bones when they were pressed against me for the first time. I loved you when I thought you loved me more than I could love you and I love you more now than you can ever love me.

It's just a warm feeling to see the boy you love grow up into a man to a father and to grow up with him from a baby-fat-faced girl into a woman.

Sweetheart, every single moment of my life I thank God for this blissful family we created together and pray that you get to live your life fully with no regrets. Ageing together, you are the best thing that has ever happened to me.

Happy birthday sweetheart. Love you more than I can ever express. 

Comments

  1. aww such a lovely account of how you all enjoyed P's b'day..Shreya is looking super cute!

    Here is wishing P a belated Happy B'day with lots of best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Scribby on behalf of S as well as Shreya.

      Delete
  2. How sweet dotto! I m sure PN dada is on seventh heaven reading this post of urs. the watch might haven't made him happier. I kind of laughing at u addressing P instead of S ...lol. but whatever... mast post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankuu Lulu. P is definitely not PN, incase u thot so ;)

      Delete
    2. oh thank God.... if u have a better P :).. lol

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts