A “full on” weekend

A lot has been happening this weekend. 

This weekend started from Friday afternoon with a fun-filled metro ride from office to MG Rd to have lunch at '3 Quarter Chinese'. Though the food was 'Indian Chinese' but I loved it. Been there couple of years back and nothing has changed much since then in terms of their food quality and variety. Deserts are absolutely drool-worthy and this was definitely one of the best buffet I had in long time. (Been to 'Rajdhani' and 'The Dhaba' the other week and the food was not at par). Good food, good company and good ambiance - what else can you ask for?

I missed S though and decided to be back to this resturant with him sometimes soon.

Saturday was a long day. Woke up early with an enthu to experiment a different style of pasta for breakfast. Very pleased with the end result and it was yummm to say the least. Rest of the day was spent in preparation, dusting, cleaning, putting things in place (yes, we are messy sometimes), selecting dinner menu, preparing snacks and all the other endless household chores which I hardly pay interest these days. Wondering what this preparation is all about? Well, my parents came to B'lore for a month long stay. Every year my parents come during this time as my Mom would have her summer vacation in school. With years, I have realized that the greatest pleasure of ‘growing up’ is hosting your family and the excitement doubles when it is your parents. I have been waiting for this day since last couple of weeks, although we meet barely 2 months ago during my cousin's wedding. And did I mention, Shreya is 'the happiest person'  since then? 

She sleeps with them, eats with them, reads with them and breathes down their necks - staying out of my way and giving me an illusion of being childless and footloose **big grin**.


Sunday was spent lazily. A mellow one but was delightfully enjoyable. No one was in a mood to do anything and we talked, talked, talked the whole day.

Since they arrived, the state of my mind is all relaxed and blissful as I hand over the reigns of my house to them and eating my heart out on the home-made mom delicacies. 
Both of them fit so beautifully into our home, complementing and supplementing, giving me a feeling that they are always a part of this home. 
Being pampered silly, I love sleeping till late without worrying about breakfast and other morning chores. I love walking into their room in the morning and watching them read the morning papers. I love to indulge in lazy discussion over a cup of morning tea. I love the sound of their voices playing with Shreya as I leave for work. I love the satisfaction in their eyes once I reach home early and share the evening outing plan to them.
All in all, I love being their child again. 

Comments

  1. I am turning green wid 'J'....but happy that u are having a great time ..
    i love the line 'giving me an illusion of being childless and footloose'...we feel so relaxed when our parents visit na!!!

    enjoy baby and keep us updating :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts