Routine

The other day one of my very good friends complained that I am missing in action from my blog big time these days and questioned me why I have so less post written for this month. I did not have any convincing answer other than the fact that I have developed a new routine where I watch a movie daily after dinner - the time where I used to spend writing for my blog or catching up with my fav blogs. She even went out saying that she finds my blog very natural, can relate to it and looks forward to reading it on a daily basis. Who doesn’t like being praised? Needless to say, I am overwhelmed and happy that I am spreading smiles around through my blog.  

For me, my routine needs a change very frequently. Normal to me is boring. The whole of last month I did very small, very new things, which I felt should be blogged about:

  • I have cut my hair really short after a long time and I loved how it came out.
  • I have been to Innovative Film city (4th time for me and S)- first time for Shreya and she absolutely loved the day outing. 
  • Me, Shreya and S traveled together to our native. So what's new about it, you ask? This was Shreya's 14th flight in last 18months and besides the 1st one, I had traveled all of them alone with Shreya. So to me this flight trip was like a breeze.
  • I bought a lehenga for myself and wore it on my sister's marriage. Buying a designer lehenga was in my wish-list for long.
  • Shreya met some of my relatives for the 1st time and to my surprise, she got along with them in no time.
  • I went to a flower show after more than two decades. I clicked pictures of roses there and I love the pictures more than I loved the roses.
  • I clicked pictures at a handicrafts mela because I loved the colours of all things there.
  • I arranged a sisters-only coffee meet.
  • A film a day is my new routine.
  • I have started morning walk and the chill breeze in the morning is refreshing, to say the least.
  • I bought a swim-wear - again a thing long pending in my list.
  • I bought a doll for me and a Doremon teddy (this one was for Shreya)
  • I drank a full bottle of Choya (a Japanese liqueur) by myself.
  • I am loving summer, like I've never loved them before and having loads & loads of mangoes
  • Watched a full cricket match, cheered and shouted for KKR with hands full of popcorn and pepsi. (I am not a sport person and last full match that I watched was the World cup).
So these are some of the new things I tried out recently. 
Routines are boring to me. Being like everybody else and saying what everyone else says and doing what everyone else does is boring. I hate boring. Life is too short to be bored!
Now Go on--don't be boring. Don't read and leave. Use those grey cells and tell me what are the new things you tried lately. I'd love to know.

Comments

  1. hehhehe..i guess we all are living on mangoes this summer..and more mangoes more pimples..but who cares!...nice one...and do write more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank GOD u are back...now like a good girl be regular with your post like earlier...i missed your posts :-)

    I had Choya some time back...though didn't like it much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Gargee: Yes dear. This post is dedicated to u and I swear I too live for mangoes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @NB: Hope I can be regular now. Boredom strikes me pretty soon in everything. And even I didnt live Choya.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts