Personal sanctuary

Reading the word "personal sanctuary" on a blog that I follow made me think which corner of the house can I call my sanctuary.
If sanctuary  is something where we take refuge to seek some "me-time", I would call my balcony to be the one. I, for that matter both of us, are extremely fond of open space and off late I have planted some indoor plants there and the freshness that I get from them is refreshing.
Adding to that, this place has a comfortable swing installed last month (mentioned here) which I had been longing for long. Primarily targeted for Shreya, it has become my prized possession these days. I like to sit there almost on a daily basis mostly after dinner and lose myself completely in a book while sipping in chilled mango-shake which I religiously have every single day all through the season (Oh man, I live for mangoes **wink wink**). Cozy bean bag comes to rescue when S and I wants to spent some couple-time and on those days the mood of the place would be low-lit with a background music (usually our common favourites).

I feel everyone should have a place like this where you can escape to. If space is a constraint (as in my case), perhaps the best solution would be a 'peaceful corner'. 
Keep your favourite things there - a cozy couch with your favorite cushion or maybe a bean bag or that favourite photo which makes you smile or your  
 favorite teddy which you like to cuddle or a couple of favourite books...whatever makes you happy! 
It is your space where you can unwind, a space where you can spend time when you need some pampering. Believe me, it works for me, every single time.

Do you have a sanctuary to recharge yourself? Tell me about it...

Comments

Popular Posts