Updates - II


- Wooohooo..what a relief!!!
My leaves are eventually approved and I am in Cloud 9 since then.
Now the actually planning starts followed by lots & lots of execution. But I am not complaining. S gonna book his tickets real soon and eventually we gonna meet after a long, long time..touch-wood.

- Although Shreya is too young to understand all these leave-and-travel complexities but in her own world she is already in Cloud 9 since a week. Reason, her paternal grandparents had come to entertain her and I can't tell you how much thrilled she is since then.

- Shreya had her 1st PTM last weekend and since then I am grinning ear-to-ear. 
Her Ruth aunty was nothing but all praises for her. No wonder Shreya had charmed her completely within a month. On a serious note, the first thing that she mentioned once I entered the room is 'She is such an intelligent girl'. she then told about the gradual change that she has seen in Shreya since a month, her interest (puzzles it seems which kind of surprised me), her best buddies (which I already knew), potty training progress (which is 10/10 as of now), her favorite snacks item, her fav rhyme etc etc. Most importantly she showed me all the art & craft activities that she had done. I was plesantly surprised with all the work and how they have maintained each of the kids work in a separate folder which they gonna hand over to us once the session is over. It was hard for me to believe that Shreya had actually done all these things as she never told me about this activity. Also got to know that she communicates mostly in Bengali (which I kind of knew as we always speak in mother tongue at home) but glad to know that she is coping up fast. No hard pressure, at least in this front, as I want her to first learn her mother tongue. All in all, the meeting was a huge success and a great eye-opener on couple of her interest field which was not known to me.

- Shreya and her class-mates are gearing up for their annual function on 2nd Mar and I can't wait to see her in stage. Although I have my own doubt how much she gonna perform in front on the huge crowd but her teacher seems very confidant about her. Waiting, waiting, waiting....

- S and I have been living in this constant state of limbo. This particular overseas assignment was supposed to be 1 year thing and that is what we had in our mind when we said yes. But things change faster than expected and he may be offered to extend his stay. Well, we have not decided if we gonna take this offer mainly because of my job. But having said that 'never say never' and things as well as our decision may change and all that we can do is wait-and-watch.

- Although the 'serious schooling' starts only at the age of 4 in Canada but we wanted to continue the going-to-school habit in Shreya and planned to enroll her to mont-program which is there in most of the school there. Keeping that in mind, S has finalized the school for Shreya and I am waiting to see how she gonna react to this change in her system.

- Planning to take a small trip to meet my parents once S comes. Meeting parents always excites and this is no different this time.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts