Two much too soon

Shreya, itz barely one month and you will be TWO..Two..two. WOW... 
Time surely flies when you are having fun. I know I am doing a very bad job of recording your milestones in this blog but sweetheart I am trying hard and things should get better henceforth.

You know what Shreya, you are already showing me signs of BIG girl, a perfect Mamma's pet you have become after your Pappa left for Canada and I do take pride in that secretly and enjoying all the attention **smiles**. 
Another one month and you will officially tag yourself out of baby/infant stage. Even your boarding pass will now have your name and will not be linked to mine. Sigh!!! 
How do I feel about it, you ask? Well, I am happy and sad, both at the same time.

Happy for obvious reasons. You are marching towards adulthood, getting ready to embrace the big fat life, learning to express yourself better, will soon start your school, make new friends, chase your dreams and be yourself.

Sad because soon you will outgrow your babyness, start shedding those innocence which is such a die-for factor in you and I will no longer be an indispensable part of your life. 

Sometime in the recent past, and I don’t remember when, my baby turned into a girl.  And I don’t think it happened in a day or two. It has been happening subtly, rather steadily over the last few months and the results took me totally by surprise. As I mentioned I am already having trouble keeping up with milestones. It’s that time of your life when the difference between yesterday and today is so much that I am having difficulty in catching up with your pace. I have so much more to say but then your detailed milestone post is coming soon. Until then, I want to enjoy this phase as long as it last.

Just want to let you know that with you around, I am nothing short of aww and gratefulness and that makes me count my blessings again and again. 
For having you in our life. For our blessed little family. For life as a whole.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts