Shreya r golpo

I have been struggling to finding out some time to jot down all the things that Shreya is upto these days. A detailed post was on my list but then I realized that the so-called detailed post may never see the light of the day. I could probably go on and on about her and her new set of skills and activities, but then I do promise not to gush.

- Some ray of hope in our strive for potty-training. Shreya although was showing us couple of signs but then the success rate was not 100% until today. Potty training has been a battle ground between me and Shreya. But today in all its simplicity and much to the delight to her Mimme, she told me each and every time she wanted to do the honor. It is below her dignity to do sitting on the potty and so we have directly switched over to rest room, which I feel is good so that I do not have to do another round of struggle to switch from baby-potty to rest room.

- Flashback: A trip to the supermarket and all the attendant horrors. Tantrum throwing, crankiness, insistence on being carried in the arms even though a perfectly comfortable trolley was around, and throwing superior glances at other toddlers in the same age group who were naive enough to be conned by parents into sitting peacefully in the trolley, leaving parents free to shop with both hands unoccupied. I know what you are saying. Yes 'terrible twos' is in its highs...Sigh!

- RnR classes and the first one for Shreya. Needless to say, we are having a ball. Can see a complete shift is Shreya's participation from her first trail class. She is enjoying it a lot. Thanks Ms. Viv for such an engaging class.

- Never realized that an Evening scooty ride can be so rejuvenating. The evenings in Bangalore are breezy & pleasant. And the mommy-daughter duo are enjoying their new found independence. couple of rounds of aimless rides and a tangy chaat/pani-puri on our way back. Bliss!

- These days Shreya is very generous with her hugs and kisses and the strange part is that she gives it without being asked for it. I absolutely treasure those moments. Such is the magic of embracing someone close. There are times, when I totally feel knocked out. I break down and to my rescue comes those selfless hugs. Life seems beautiful again :)

- She has always loved singing when there is music but these days she observes every song that I play/sing to her and to my surprise she remembers atleast the first (or couple) of lines. Rabindra Sangeet still tops her collection and she can pretty well sing couple of lines from - "Amra Sobbai raja", "Megher kole rodh heseche", "Ore grihobashi", "Bulbul pakhi". Others include "Mithi mithi bol" (some serial song), "Musu musu hashi", "ting tong piano"  to name a few. Proud mommy moment, indeed. And not to forget the way she cutely recites her rhymes. Those are absolutely die-for.

- Truly said that Modelling behavior definitely works! To my pleasure 'Thank you', 'please' and 'sorry' mostly comes without my prompt but then not always. We are still working very hard on this.

- 'Book love' still going strong. Every day evening there would be sometime when she doesn't want to do anything but sit on my lap and get me to read book after book after book until I start begging for mercy. 

- She loves the swings at the park. Every park visit starts with half-hour at the swings. It's the only time she's quiet, blessedly, blessedly quiet. Other than naptime and bedtime, of course. And oh yes, she'll go to bed only after doing her bedtime prayer which Mimme has to do along with her.

- I am the certified ‘Drama Queen’ of our house. And I am proud to announce that Shreya would be the rightful successor of this title..lol. And of course, the exaggerated emotions/expressions only added to its confirmation! But the best part is she has started understanding and enjoying humor.

- Of late, there has been increase in her interest in Chhota Bheem and Doremon!! She loves the characters unlike me who simply hates so much violence and rude language in programs meant for kids. But this TV time only happens when she is with her 'Maani' (her nanny) and never when I am around. I am happy that she chooses me over the dummy object.

- Brushing-teeth has been a new challenge in Mimme's list. Multiple ways tried and every day I wish my luck before I head for that job.

- 5+ is the new mantra of our house. What is this, you ask? We have got into a habit of eating daily a minimum of 5 different veg and fruits combined. Still going green on that front. Finger-crossed.

You know what Shreya, listing all the good and not-so-good things about you made me realize again that a radiant kid like you are so damned difficult to come by. Now you will tell me that I should not be putting all this out in a public forum and inviting the evil eye, so I promise to break one coconut to ward off said eye :)
All in all, stay happy as you are today and most importantly stay you.

Love,
Mimme

Comments

  1. Loved this post...shreya is such a darling :-D
    Wow she can sing lines of so many songs :-) I had danced as kid on three of these bong songs u mentioned :-)
    Babba re i am getting scared with this potty training stuff :-(

    ohh Mishti loves to chew her toothbrush and every day there is a fight to take that back from her...but you see no brushing teeth is involved in whole process.
    I jzz love reading abt shreya :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. Even it surprised me that she can remember those lines and sing it more or less in a decent tunes. I had been singing to her every single night and may be that caught her fascination. And yes, the dreaded word - 'Potty training'. Wish u all luck NB.

      Delete
  2. Ahhhh can I relate and How... The supermarket thing is so true... She will sit on the trolley ONLY when she wants and she cannot be convinced. And if you try to control their action be ready to get embarrassed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The way people stare back on hearing those scream are enough to make you want to get invisible :) I so wish this phase gets over soon. Sigh!

      Delete
  3. wow good to learn Shreya's progress in every field.I dont know when I will meet her but am very curious after all of your posts.She is really a very sweet girl.Hugs and kisses to her and again well-written.Hoping to see more posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Anita. As planned, we gonna meet soon. Did you forget our summer plan for Canada ;) ?

      Delete
  4. True!!! ...Lovely image i am having of Shreya as i read your post...and loved the way you describe each of your Motherly tussle with so much of humor....Like Anita am also so curious to meet her.till we meet,,, sendng love and kisses for de little Angel!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope Shreya stands upto your image :). And thanks for liking my writing. Dont worry, we gonna meet real soon. Hugs to Avni and Saumak :)

      Delete
  5. True!!! ...Lovely image i am having of Shreya as i read your post...and loved the way you describe each of your Motherly tussle with so much of humor....Like Anita am also so curious to meet her.till we meet,,, sendng love and kisses for de little Angel!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts