I swore I would...


I read this somewhere and that make me think what are all the things that I swore I would never do or let my child do. So here goes the list:

6. I swore I would toilet train before her second birthday. This has been a challenge so far. Although I can safely say that we have won half the battle but still quite a deal of work is yet to be done to strike this off the list.

5. I swore I’d keep a strict bedtime. I guess I thought and cared a lot about the timing of things before becoming a mom, but now I go with the flow. I love early bedtimes especially for the kids and thought I’d keep an early one for Shreya. Instead, now she never sleeps before 10:30 p.m...Sigh!!!

4. I swore I’d never give an electronic device to divert her attention. But now the meal-time or a car-ride can never happen otherwise.

3. I swore I’d not be an annoying family with loud child disturbing other people in resturants or flights or mall. Realized it hard way that nothing help when we have to deal with a melt-down.

2. I swore I'd grow her love towards fruits and make them an important part of her daily diet. I still insists and enforce them and have to try out all the foul means to get them added in her diet.

1. I swore I'd never give her non-veg until she decides to try them. She has not yet tasted non-veg and I am glad that I succeeded here.


What did you swear you’d never do before becoming a mom? Come on, spill!

Comments

  1. Good one....you have given some fodder for a new post :-)

    would try it definitely :-)

    Agree with you on point 3. also just a curious query about the last point....why no non-veg?? also if you don't want to share then it's perfectly ok :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will wait for your post on this topic :). No specific reason for not trying non-veg. We, mainly Shreya's pappa, prefers veg and so we are going green since last couple of years :)

      Delete
  2. Wonderful beat ! I wish to apprentice at the same time as you amend your web site, how can i subscribe for a blog web site? The account aided me a applicable deal I have been tiny bit familiar of this your broadcast provided shiny transparent concept.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Set the safety bars on the Paleo Diet. A Palaeolithic diet improves glucose tolerance more than a cup
    a day, 6 days a week for the B vitamin lack in other ways could lead to serious B vitamin deficiencies.

    I love hearing them, and I'm not hungry as fast. Peanuts are legumes and not allow in paleo diet.

    my site - Paleo Diet Books

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts