Letter from Shreya


Today morning, just before a day from her 2nd birthday, I got this small note under my pillow from Shreya:

Hi Mimme,
Here are some points I want you folks to know and remember henceforth before trying it out.

1. Stop cribbing 'terrible twos' at any opportunity given. Ask your Mom and thank God that I am much better than you were at that age. Or better ask your Mother-in-law.

2. Don't you realize that when I say 'No', I do mean it. Why do you try to divert my attention every time I say this magic-word (to me)? 'No' sounds heaven to my ears..ahhh.

3. If you want to hear it again, let me repeat. Yes, I have developed a strong liking towards screaming. More the people, louder the voice.

4. I can watch the same old nursery rhymes again and again and again and don't you dare pretend that the laptop or the DVD player has stopped working all of a sudden. 

5. I love my curls and don't you run your fingers through them at any given time. I can see your drooling and turning green every time you do that. Grow up Mimme!

6. I do not like to be picked up every time you want to. And I do not like to walk every time you insist me to do that. So in any of such situation, do oblige.

7. I will gleefully say Hi and Bye and even start a conversation (in my own language) to every stranger. Don’t explain after me that I am sociable. It is embarrassing. 

8. Play-dates should be arranged based on my liking for the kid not on your liking for the mother.

9. When I am busy with my work, stop giving me potty reminders. Its disturbing.

10. Stop telling me that you are going to buy chocolates for me every time you leave the house. High time you come up with some new excuse.

11. If you do manage to convince me to brush, be prepared to have some fun with water too (read getting drenched). I might like to spend an hour or two playing with water...don't complain later.

12. Just because you want to wake up late on weekends, don't pretend that its-hardly-7 when its almost noon. I lead a busy life and need to be particular with my routine.

13. I know how to use my make-ups. And yes, I also know that lip balms are not lip-sticks. So stop fooling me with that.

14. Bathing is so much fun for me and please don't take me out of my tub pretending that there is a power-cut. I did hear the switch being turned off.

15. Just because I am friendly and smile to every one, please tell people to stop pulling my cheeks. I was just being polite and doing my bit to make the world a happier place.

More later. Now please go and start my birthday preparation.

Yours,
Shreya

Comments

  1. Wow that is Super to say the least Sumita... and yes do read this every single day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Falak. Yes, I plan to stick it in my bedroom :)

      Delete
  2. ROFL...LOL..LOL....This one is awesome...Ha..ha
    Shreya draling even Mishti would like to agree with you on many of these pointers....esp 14, 13, 11, 6 & 3... :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess most of toddler would have more or less same points :)

      Delete
  3. Funny!! It sounded like something "The Honest Toddler" would say. Have you read that blog, it is hilarious do read it. And Happy Birthday to your angel may her curls be forever as beautiful as they are now. Lots of love.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts