Our own world of imaginations

The coolest thing about spending time with Shreya is that she reminds me how to keep it simple and be happy. Shreya and I now live in our own world of imagination. A world where things like red dogs, blue elephants, pink hippos, orange dinos exist. 
Lions sleep with zebras, baby bears drive mamma bears around, fish climb up mountains, sharks have pet rhinos and cats lick dogs. To my surprise, I seem to be asking “why not” instead of “why” more often these days. And I so much loving this 'imaginary world'.

I think we all reach that point in life when jobs, relationships and associated responsibilities make us more adult than we ever wanted to be and soon we find ourselves all grown up and nowhere to go. 
But spending time with my kid made me realize that I am enjoying the growing down phase much more than the growing up part. There’s definitely less angst and more exclamation marks. 
I found I liked mud and water and building castle in the play ground sand. I found the joy in pink, Shreya’s favorite shade of paint. I found that hippos look good in pink and a sheep had every right to eat a lion if it wanted to.  I found that dance is so easy and how it can cheer you up within seconds. I found that there is a whole new universe in children’s books, for even a die-hard realist like me. In short I found “my own childhood” back. 



Comments

  1. Bliss of parenthood...isn't it!!! Hope Shreya is not very cranky missing her dad too much nowadays :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shreya is still of an age where you can divert her attention very easily and I am taking that advantage. Right now, she is happy with her daily evening Skype session with Pappa :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts