Love is...

Love is when you still blush on seeing the photos of that particular cousin's marriage which changed your life forever for good

Love is when you still get goosebumps listening to 'the particular song' from the cassette he gifted you for the first time, some 15 years back

Love is when you still get awww-ed thinking of all the innocent ways he tried to propose you

Love is when you still have the first red-rose safely wrapped and kept aside as a treasure

Love is me staying at hostel only to attend those long hours of mid-night STD calls

Love is all those planning, plotting and preparation to convince each family

Love is those restless, sleepless nights spent thinking of all the odds

Love is all the BIG decisions that were taken together and the confidence in each other

Love is the celebration when all things fell in place, effortlessly and much to our surprise

Love is the new beginning hand-in-hand and eyes full of dreams

Love is not looking back there-forth and achieving all the big and small things in life, together

Love is fighting like crazy but still hugging each other at the end of the day, because you can't sleep otherwise

Love is eating something you used to hate once, just because the other person loves it. And gradually with time, the same thing turns out to be in your favorite list

Love is each one thinking that they are lucky to have got the other person

Love is still waiting to see each other at the end of the day and break out in this HUGE bear-hug (and now a ' bigger family hug')

Love is when you still call each other multiple times a day no matter you are in same town or in different part of the globe

Love is that pride in his eyes when he got my first promotion letter addressed to him and from there on all my mentionable and not-so-mentionable achievements

Love is those sleepless nights spent together adoring the 'best thing that we have created together' sleeping peacefully in middle of us

Love is the parental pride that we experienced together each time the younger one ticks off a milestone

Love is still feeling a bit jealous when I say that 'a guy' looked handsome :P

Love is when my smile stretches across my whole face when I spot him staring at me absent-mindedly, ;)

Love is those cheesy line which he knows will make up my mood even on the dullest days

Love is him pushing me hard constantly in my professional life and setting a bigger goal each time I achieve one

Love is me backing him up in every single decision, even though it may mean hell lot of sacrifices from both end

Love is that gawky teenager that I met decades ago and love is that man whose even the first grey hair makes my heart flip

Love is adoring his li'l paunch just as much as I loved his bones when they are pressed against me

Love is the assurance that he loves me more than I could ever love him and love is the confidence that I love him more that he can ever think of.

Love is being so incurably in love since last 16 years and that too with the same person :D

Love is all these and much, much more than that.

Happy 5th anniversary, dear.

With all the ups and downs (mostly ups, touch-wood) and turns and twists, I think we can safely say, yes we are still the best of friends and bestest of lovers.
Its been amazing 5 years of married life.

Yours,

Love


Picture taken last year on the same day

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts