Miss. Curly locks!

So Shreya has curls and they are here to stay. 
Yes, it’s her birth hair and no, I haven’t done a mundan and don’t intend to, just in case this is your next question. 

These are some of the questions that we have come across and here are our standard answers:

1. She is already past 18 months, so when are you going to cut her hair?

Thanks for reminding me that she is past 18 months old. 
And now to answer to your question, neither me nor S is a great fan of bald babies, unless of course they are born that way. We are also not too much into traditions and take only those which suits us or makes sense to us. Why should I shave her hair just to keep couple of folks happy or just to tick-off an item in the tradition list?
I checked and re-checked with her ped and all he has to say is that medically mundan has nothing to do with great hair in future and nor does it guarantee a better quality of hair. With such assurance, no way was I going to shave Shreya’s gorgeous curly locks!

2. So if not mundan, are you going to do something about it?

You mean, other than gaze at it every time I see it? 
Or do you mean other than take mad pictures from every angle of her luscious locks? 

3. How do you wash it?

Well, I call a special washing lady every weekend to do the job. Gah!!!
I am a perfect Bengali and I apply a generous portion of coconut oil every single day, do a champi which she loves and wash it daily with lukewarm water.
Shampoo it 2-3 times a week and towel dry it.
Need any further detailed step?

4. It must be tough to comb it, isn't it?

No comments **hides faces**
But then, what are detangler's for?

5. Does it bother her?

She loves her locks and are already showing signs of possessiveness towards it.
BTW, have you heard of hair-accessories?
Well, we use them in abundance which also increases our cuteness factor :)

6. Are those curls real?

Can I get my gun from the drawer?

7. Even after all these explanations, the last question is are you never going to cut it?

You jealous chap. Go, get a life!

Comments

  1. Girl U have Stolen words from my Mouth. Except the Mundan bit coz Z has had her 'Akika' naming ceremony. I was just smiling and nodding my head while reading ur post.

    P.S I always used to say when I was pregnant "I wish I have a little baby girl with Curly hair... guess my wish was granted right then"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha..loved this post..asked a question in FB page...need ur tips!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very right di....even i did not have to go through the mundan ceremony but some how manage to have lustrous hair and Shreya hs lovely curls so mundan is absolutely "NO NO"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts