My journey through pregnancy




Picture from the day before I got admitted

Feb 11th - Me and S bought a home test.

Feb 12th (3:15am) - Its mid-night and it came positive. Can't wait to tell S and woke him from deep sleep. We are happy :) The gravity of the pink mark on the small window of the test stick has changed our whole world. We have no idea what we have gotten ourselves into. But we are sure its time to smile and be happy and hugs and kisses. And that is what we did :)
Somewhere deep inside there was a lot of joy. And it came out…....all the way out. The very same day we went to doctor for confirmation. First sonography and its CONFIRMED...yay...It was "Maha Shiv-ratri" and what a joyful gift to us!

Feb 12th (5:15 evening)- First doctor appointment. Loads of smiles and wishes from my doctor. My first taste of stardom! :)

Feb 22nd - My last C-PGDBA exam....phew...but I faired well. S and mom was equally tensed and very happy too at my success. Both promised me a gift (which I hv not got yet ;) )

Feb 23rd - Un-registered from my office transportation..No, I am not supposed to travel by bus anymore. S drops and picks me up from office....ahhaa..what a life!

Feb 26th - My first feeling of "nausea"...yaak...I threw-up with my 1st cup of milk in the morning. 2nd scan for vitality check and we heard the "heart-beat"....man...this is heart touching...My angel was measuring 7cm, cute,isnt it? S got his confirmation from IBM today. The role he got was what we were looking fwd to for such a long time. We are so so happy. My baby is lucky for us.

Mar 1st - S dropped his paper in HP and lot of drama started after that to retain him back in the company :)

Mar 6th - Pujaniya Boro Boudi and Rev. Sipaida visited Bangalore. We went for their darsan and could even manage to talk to BaraBoudi. I am so happy. Feeling absolutely blessed.

Mar 7th - Bangalore Maha-Utsav. S could able to talk to Sipai da and seek his blessing.

Mar 14th - I am sooooooooo tired. And sooooooooooo hungry at the same time. I could eat and sleep all day. All I find time and energy for is to go to office and come back. Was missing my Mom terribly. I used to cry most of the night missing her. Was going through emotional turmoil..thanks to the pregnancy hormones.

Mar 20th - Very very very busy days with back-to-back con-calls in the evening. Acidity is killing me. Got bored of what my cook prepared. S stepped in and started preparing my fav stuffs almost everyday. Time and again, S is an excellent cook and I am proud of him....blush blush...

Mar 29th - S joined IBM. The on-boarding formality was not very great.

Mar 30th - My in-laws reached Bangalore. I am so very happy to see them. Time for some mother-made-food.

Apr 1st - My birthday. My in-laws have come before this date so that they can be with us. So sweet of them. It was actually a memoriable bday. Morning got a delievery boy at my door-step with a bunch of red-roses. S has specifically ordered for me *blush blush*. Then was the cake cutting ceremony. My MIL had prepared gala breakfast and payasam. Evening went to "center" followed by family-dinner at a resturant. Beautiful ending of a memoriable bday.

Apr 6th - Had my NT test. We could actually see the baby today. The doc said "Sumita, ur baby is jumping". Both S and me were just trilled. It took me sometime to believe that the monitor is actually taking the readings from my tummy.

May 21st - Appointment for "Anomaly test". S, me and my FIL went in the morning. Had a detailed test. Everything looks fine but the doc is unable to locate the nasal bone. Asked me to take a break so that baby changes her position. Second round and the doc could locate it but the measurement shows that the nasal bone is small compared to the standard size. I was told for a blood test which would give additional information about any anomaly. The entire story FREAKED ME OUT! I was praying from the bottom of my heart.I suddenly realized how much I need my baby and how I was scared to death just thinking something could have been wrong with her.

May 23rd - We booked our 2nd home in blore. Best part is Ma-Baba too book one nd that too our adjacent flat. Time for double celebration.

May 26th - I got a call from hospital that the blood report has come. I was praying and almost in tears until the blood report confirmed some good news. Ooooohhh…what a relief. I frantically started going through all websites and everybody assured me that nothing is wrong.

May 27th - I start feeling some movement in my tummy. Not sure if its the baby or just gas : Had a bite of choclate pastry and my baby was absolutely delighted to have it.

June 1st - Met my doctor with all the report (she was out of country during this entire nasal bone drama). Detailed discussion with her and she assured me. My prayer started from then and it was only that my baby be safe whatever is the case.

June 12th - Started my Yoga. Mahalakshmi (my yoga teacher) is strict but the execises are stress-relieving.

June 27th - My in-laws left for Delhi and I started counting days to meet my parents.

June 30th - Ma and Baba have come to Bangalore. I am extremely happy :) :) :) Its the happiest moment in a girl's life to meet her parents when she is going to become one :) They have got so many foods & goodies for me! Their happiness also knows no bounds. :) :) :)

July 1st - Have almost stopped going to office. Excellent support from office during this critical phase. I am happy to be with Ma..My Ma :) :)

July 10th - 34 to 36. Size M to L and now at XL. Stop growing. Please.

July 14th - Masimoni and Mesho (My maternal uncle-aunt) came over to blore for Aunt's check-up. Itz complete house-full now. Loved their stay.

July 25th - Masimoni and Ma arranged my 7th month Baby shower. Mesho and S did all the shopping and I was made to eat a gala lunch with 7 items...rub ur eyes and read again ;)

July 29th - Ma got me a gorgeous designer sari from Soch and a bracelet too...Yippeee..Pregnancy is the best time to fetch all these gifts and attention.

Aug 1st - Parents left for Silchar. S and me are alone after such a long time. We just freaked out during this duration - a long found independence :) Movies, outside food, outings, late night drive ...we did it all.

Aug 1st - Glucose screening test today. Keeping fingers crossed. Report shows "all is well".

Aug 3rd - Dinner at Ranga masi's place. Masimoni-Mesho too there.

Aug 8th - Dinner at Amitraj & Nabanita's place. Sandip da and Sunita too came. A final get-together before they go to Aus. It was a fun evening. Nabanita is an awesome cook.

Aug 13th - S and me signed the agreement for OUR new flat. I was super duper happy. I could able to manage an abode for my parents too at bangalore.

Aug 15th - Our anniversary with a new member on board. It was a quite one. Got a beautiful black dress as a gift. Late night movie (Pepli live) and dinner outside.

Aug 21st - Ma started from Silchar with Appa. Their journey was not very smooth. Upset with my decision to get them via Ghy.

Aug 30th - Lots of movement today. She has been kicking at any chance given!

Aug 31st - Painting toe nails is getting tougher. Looks like its time to pamper myself with a foot-spa. S, r u listening?

Sep 3rd - S got a long list of baby names. Choosing a name is a million times tougher than it seems.

Sep 7th - My in-laws back from Delhi to give me Baby-shower. Bought a beautiful pink gorget sari from Delhi along with 2 suits and lot of goodies sent by Didibhai & Didiya.

Sep 8th - All festive atmosphere at home. Both Mom and MIL preparing food for me and me getting pampered with mehendi. Mehendi was beautifully done by Puja (Bhadresh's wife).

Sept 9th - Baby-shower day. Puja whole morning and food, food and food rest of the day.My Mom and MIL had prepared 9 items (rub ur eyes again..hee hee) and I ate them all..No wonder why my weight has touched 70s during my last term :D

Sep 11th - Baby-shower party for friends and family. Mampy came down from hyd..so sweet of her. Had a great get-together with awesome bengali food.

Sept 12th - My in-laws left for Silchar.

Sept 21st - Tuffy, my dog back home, fell ill. Ohhh..what has happened to the poor fellow? Both Uttam and Baba trying their best to provide required medical support. Ohh..I miss him so much. Lov u Tuffy.

Oct 1st - Baba reached Bangalore. Tuffy doing lot better. My countdown has started.

Oct 3rd - The baby name game is fully on.

Oct 5th - Another round of scan to check "how close am I". Report suggests that I am not yet ready. It is as though she knows we dont even have a name picked for her and so she is refusing to come out.

Oct 11th - Another check-up and doctor advices us to get admitted on 14th night for induced labor.

Oct 13th - Itz Maha-Sasthi today. Evening went out to Cambridge layout puja. Food stall over there is awesome.

Oct 14th - Morning went for Maha-Saptomi puja at Kagdasspura pandal. Prasad at Cambridge layout puja. Evening spent in packing hospital bag. 8'o clock dinner and we are all set to get myself hospitalised.
My due date was Oct 17th - the day of Maha Dasami. I had a very normal pregnancy till the very end. No back pain, no tiredness, no sleepless nights. I was working and managing home. In fact, unlike many others, I wasn’t desperate for the baby to come out. I was quite enjoying the pregnancy even at the end :)The hospital that I was going to had doctors who taught yoga for pregnant women. I did all the exercises regularly and was somehow sure that I would definitely have a normal delivery. Thanks to all the reasons stated above. And the doc I was seeing was also famous for not taking you to the OT until it was really really required. I knew I was in safe hands.

Oct 14th - 8:30 pm - reported at Maternity ward, Manipal hospital.
9.00 pm - Alloted a room #208B
10.00 pm - Hormones were pushed to induce contractions.
11.00 am - Ma-Baba left from hospital. Yes hospital doesnt allow more than 1 person for night stay and S would not leave me for a single minute
1.00 am - Slept but was woken up for NST
2.45 am - Was given enemia
3:30 am - Temporary provision made for any shots or saline.
4:00 am - Another round of doc visit and another dose of induction.
5:00 am - Could feel slight pain at my back.
7:00 am - Ma-Baba came to hospital. Relieved to see them.
9:30 am - My doc came. She was not at all happy with my situation. Consulated me and gave a dose to increase my contraction.
10:00 am - Contractions begin. As time goes, each contraction gets more painful. 11:30 am - Getting exhaused with the pain. Feeling very sleepy. Requested for epidural but doctor refuses. At one time, doc considers C-section as the heart beat is going down (almost touching 90). Adjusting the NST machine sets things right. Doctor is adament for normal delivery (I am so lucky to have her as my doc).
12:15 pm - Doc breaks the water membrane. Pain increases. Now its time to PUSH!
1:30 pm - With my false information, I was taken to labor room.
2:14 pm - After pushing pushing and pushing (and some pulling using the forceps) she arrives. I could hear doctor saying "Itz a baby Girl". Now when I look back at that moment, I have tears in my eyes. But at that time, I distinctly remember, I hadn’t felt much. I could hear PD's with the nurses were cleaning her up and she was crying loudly. A nurse showed her pink face to me. I was so much engolfed in my pain that I hadnt felt anything at that moment.
4:00 pm - After doc finished their job of stitching me up, I was brought back to my room. I saw S, MA and Baba waiting eagerly for me. I will never forget the look on their faces. They were SO happy. I’ve never seen dad so happy in my whole life. Ma told me in Bengali ‘Did you see her? She’s so cute’. S, who was running around in anxiety, refused to go for other hospital formality until I was brought back to my room. He was in complete tears and those were tears of joy. Mom then fed me juice and lunch provided by the hospital. Approx 4:30 pm - I could see her in the nurse's hands for the first time. There she is; my new found reason to live - SHREYA (meaning auspicious and beautiful)
(She weighted 2.9kg and 52cm in lenght)

I didn’t know what the time was, but I remember Ma, Baba and even S telling the whole world that my daughter was here. I then called my MIL and talked to her for sometime. She was surprised ro hear my vioce. The baby was then brought to me for her first feed. I remember the nurses helping me turn to my side to nurse her.
The whole experience of bringing a life into this world is something that makes you smile when you look back.

The first time you see your baby is unforgettable for any parent.
The arrival of every new baby is thrilling.
It is a high that one can’t get enough of.

Comments

  1. lovely! keep enjoying and noting down her milestones! and yours too as a parent! makes for a fun reading later! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot, Mama-Mia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a wonderful narration of your feeling...liked it very much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Priyanka. I am glad that you liked it and welcome to my blog :)

      Delete
  4. Full Report b8w09g7z39 replica gucci handbags replica bags wholesale india hop over to these guys d4v37x1k42 louis vuitton fake replica bags korea replica bags reddit article e4h39e6b92 replica bags prada

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts