Jaadu ki jhappi

I grew up in a "hug-less" environment. It was very late in life that I realized the power that a simple hug carries in it and it was of course after I met S. This realization grew stronger with time and more after I became a Mom where a simple hug from the child is enough to brighten up my gloomiest day. 
But, I still can't bring myself to hug people randomly, no matter how close I am to them. I often wonder why I am this way, but haven't been able to figure it out.

Is it so important to express your love or care, you ask.
Yes it is. 
Because we could just merely want that human contact to feel wanted or to feel close to or to just feel that warmth of another. 

There are different types of 'hugs' -

There are those hugs that you just bundle on top of each other after you've won a bet.

Then, there are the hugs at the airport when you're picking up that family member you don't want to admit having missed.

Hugs of forgiveness with your best friend after a childish argument neither of you remember the subject of.

Screaming hugs with your friends when you hear that fav song being played in FM.

Hugs when you haven't seen your loved one since this morning.

After a fight, there are the hugs that linger just a moment longer with that special someone just before the bedtime, because you both know that none of you can sleep otherwise.

Each of these 'type-of-hugs' are unique in its own ways but the kind of hug that made me write this post is absolutely priceless for me at this point of time. The toddler has recently gone into a phase where she needs 'a hug' every now and then. And those are bestowed on us selflessly, unconditionally and we are happily basking in the glory of this phase until it lasts. 

As I was napping today afternoon and she was busy playing with her stuffs (yes I need the post-lunch siesta while the toddler has already out-grown it), suddenly I feel her trying to reach me in a hug. Chubby fingers with loads of softness demanded all of me. My arm too gently moved around her waist. I opened my eyes to see hers saying "Mimme, hug lage" ("Mimme, I need a hug") to which I obliged immediately. And suddenly all around us the universe echoed the "ageless bond" that we share.

Comments

Popular Posts