Precious moments

Considering how poorly I am updating this blog with Shreya's moments, I thought I would rather jot-down a quick update so that I can capture those moments in words before I forget or she out-grows it and lock that feeling in this post.

Weekend mornings: Shreya is a morning-snuggler (not sure if there is any such word like this :P) and we relish that more on weekend's mornings. She wakes up by 8am even on weekends, crawls to our bed in between both of us, snuggles next to me and pops back to sleep until both of us are ready to start the day. It’s incredible to wake up to soft cheeks near your nose and tiny arms wrapped around you. I know I don’t have long before she stops doing this….so for now it makes me want to stay there forever!

Library: Library membership was one of the very first things that we did after we landed in Canada. For us, going-to-library is a part of daily routine after I pick Shreya from her preschool. She gets to pick her book and I pick mine and mostly we sit quietly next to each other and read our books. We have been doing this for quite sometimes and now she thinks that it's "our thing" and at some level I think that it's her quite time too, considering the amount of play-time they get in preschool and also a power-booster before she heads to her after-school activity centre (fondly known as "Tanya's school" by Shreya).


Bed-time stories: and here the story teller is Shreya, incase you think that its her parents. Shreya prefers her bedtime with S and S is seen happiest during that time.
I too have happily delegated the responsibility to him and that makes all three of us happiest-at-that-time-of-the-day **wicked wink**. But the amount of snuggling and cuteness overload-wala story-telling (remember that party-in-moon story I mentioned in this post) that happens in that time-frame does make me want to demand my role back. 

Music-time: Shreya loves music and this is getting more and more evident as she is growing up. Shreya and her dad has a mandatory dance-session every evening for good half-an-hour after which S literally collides for rest of the evening..lol. S keeps telling me to start teaching Shreya some basic dance steps but for some reason I adore her baby-steps and all the cute-moves she comes up with. Nevertheless, she started picking up songs from me and this gave me a good booster to take this task seriously. I am proud of the sincerity with which she practices new song, without any prodding by us.

I hope we always have time for each other as we have now and continue to create happy-memories together. Amen.


Comments

  1. Yep, these are the moments we live for :) Relishing some of them even now, with Gy having turned 7. Heart of hearts, I hope that she never outgrows the need to snuggle :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice warm lovely moments!!!! ....cherish dem ..dey wont last long ..kids grow up very fast ..Sidd is starting school nxt year ..am already in tears wen i think of dis ..i will miss my baby ...!!! Love hugs and Kisses to our Shreya !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I know these moments are limited and soon they will be busy in their own world. Lets hold it till it lasts :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts