12 lessons I learned in '12

Inspired my one of my favorite blogger's post, I decided to take up this tag to ponder back as to how 2012 has treated me and the lessons that I learnt from this year's experience.

Here are my 12 lessons I learned in '12:

1. Life is unpredictable. Loss of my Pishimoni (mentioned here) was a huge blow to me early this year. This loss made me realize how precious a life is and absolutely nothing can fill the void that I still feel. I still can't think about her without a lump in my throat. Yes life of your loved one's is precious and we do take them for granted sometimes. Take out time for them before you no longer have them by your side. Pick up that phone and talk to them. You need not even talk but just listen…somehow it helps a great deal for me.

2. Parents are ageing and all they need from you is "your time". Absolutely nobody can replace them and their role in your life. Treasure them...they are priceless.
And someone was correct in saying that parenthood takes your respect towards your parents altogether to a different height. Yes, it surely does.

3. You need someone to talk to…who can listen to you with keenness; “all” that you have to say, understand you and someone with whom you don’t have to pretend. With S being out of country since last year, I have realized that even more and I am lucky to have found a perfect 'soul-mate' in him.

4. One of the side-effects of having Shreya in my life is that she has brought me closer to my inner child. To laugh..always...with abandon. To sing...loudly. To dance...anywhere, to anything. To hug. To clap. To cuddle. To kiss. To ask questions. To cry.

5. That with some people, friendship indeed does not have any boundaries. And I am lucky to have a handful of such people in my life. Cherish them..they are people whom I can call my own.

6. That it is important to express your love/care. Yes it is and there is nothing like a BIG bear-hug. It is very late in life that I realized the power that a simple hug carries in it and my 2 years old daughter taught me this. However, I still can’t bring myself to hug people randomly, no matter how close I am to them. But I am trying now....really hard. 
S and Shreya are an exception – I think I can suffocate them with the hugs I bestow upon them anytime and every time I feel like.

7. Clothes don’t define what your roots are, your actions do. Your piousness in society standards don’t define your traditional morals, your action does. 

8. That I am much stronger person than I ever thought I was. Staying away from S since last year with a toddler and a demanding job in hand is not a child's play. But I am glad I have fared well; rather excellently well. 

9. Hard work and sincerity pays. And my career graph speaks it all.

10. If you really want to do something, you will find a way. 
And if people really want to keep in touch with you, they will always find a time. 
Its all about priority in both the cases.

11. There is nothing like spending time in the company of a good book or a good music. Library membership was a huge boon; both for me and my kid. There are some sights that warm your heart like when you peep inside a room to see your child buried in a book, you surely know you have done something right. Fortunately for me its a sight that I get to witness very often.

12. Celebrate myself. I think ‘me-time’ is rejuvenating. A little time off and I don’t just refresh myself, I even give ‘them’ time to re-bond and chill out. Take time off, go shopping, learn something new, meet up with the ‘girl gang’, read a book (even M&B would do ), watch a movie… do anything that rejuvenates you. This is indeed a feed for soul.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts