Another birthday post and I promise this is the last!

Shreya's birthday was a quiet affair. A mellow one. And it was delightfully enjoyable for both of us amidst that fact that we terribly missed S.

Coming to the point, I wanted to record Shreya's gift for her 2nd birthday and hence this post. Feel free to ignore it.

My mind had been on fire for the last so many weeks, thinking what could be the "BEST' gift for Shreya this year. Dresses were stuck out of my list as S has already bought her birthday dresses before he leaves for Canada...yes he bought the dresses before 6 months from her birthday....weird isn't it?
But such an act assures me that someone has rightly said that daughters are indeed their father's best possessions.
Next comes toys which was something I did not even consider.
Meanwhile I was introduced to ThinkBoxa children library at stone throw distance from my apartment, which I would have never known unless I went there first time for the RnR trail class. I was amazed and baffled by their collections. Enquired about their membership options and I had no doubt about the gift since then.
The staffs are superb, the collection is drool-worthy and that got me an idea that a library membership could be THE best gift for the kind of book-worm Shreya is turning into. Discussed with S and he was thrilled with this idea and before her birthday, I registered her as the library member and since then there is no looking back. I took the membership where we can lend 2 books, 2 toys and a CD along with a adult book/magazine at a time. 
Being a member also gave us the privilege of attending some of other sessions held at their library. Till date we could manage to attend their teddy bear party, a story telling session and a puppet show. Needless to say, me and Shreya are having an absolute blast. 

Shreya's Dada-Mummum had a different plan and they wanted to gift her something which she can use for an extended time. We thought and thought and then decided to freeze on study table. Beautiful one was bought for her and right now this is serving the purpose of not only study table but as dining table as well.

Shreya is in her happiest best with so many gifts around.
And with so many books around, she and I now live in our own world of imagination. A world which can be created only in the company of good books. A world where things like red monkeys, blue elephants, pink hippos, orange dino exists. Lions sleep with zebras, baby bears drive mamma bears around, fish climb up mountains, sharks have pet rhinos and cats lick dogs. I seem to be asking “why not” instead of “why” more often these days. And I so much loving this 'imaginary world'.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts