TWELVE...YAY!!!


I want my daughter
to know her own strength,
to embrace her weaknesses,
and still dream at great length.
I see her love for brushes,
and I hope she resumes reading books,
when people say she’s pretty
she’ll know it’s more than her looks.
For she’s pretty smart and kind.
May she be heard for her voice,
and seen for her mind.
As she grows into a woman
I hope she stands strong.
For some will try to knock her,
but I hope she holds on.
Because her capabilities are great,
and cannot be measured.
Her passion and vulnerability
should always be treasured.
May she know the difference
between right and wrong,
not because of some rules,
but what is in her heart’s song.
May she question fearlessly,
make choices and speak clear.
May she never repeat herself
out of doubt or fear.
May she strive for big things
in a world that screams thin.
May no one dim her light,
May it shine
May it grow
What a force that she is,
May she always know.
Happy 12th birthday, Shreya.
You are our pride and you know that.
Keep slaying your awesomeness.
May Thakur be always with you.





Comments

Popular Posts