Mixed Feeling

Happy new year to all of you (if at all there is anyone who is still reading this blog :( ).

I know I have been ignoring this blog for ages but me being a flowing-with-my-mood kinda person, I just did not force myself to come out of my vacation mood to update this blog. Silly I know but I do not have any other excuse to offer **hide face**.
But now I have decided to shake that blanket of laziness and get this blog active. So lets start with whats been happening at my end. A LOT to say the least...

S and I have been in a constant state of dilemma regarding settling-in-Canada-for-some-year ever since me and Shreya (S is here since 2years) landed in Canada. This particular oversea assignment has brought an entire new perspective towards applying for Canada-PR. Unlike our last trip, this time we could experience the real-feel of this place and absolutely loved it, either because the duration was much longer than last time or could be that I was exposed to an entire different group through Shreya's school, activity-centre and our community centre. 
If I think **only** about Shreya's education and future, I would prefer to settle down in Canada right away. They have whole new perspective to education and I totally loved their style. Shreya too had a blast this time and so did we. Made some amazing friends and a BFF for life. But the bigger decision of applying PR has many other fold and we are still contemplating the pros-&-cons of it. The client for which S is working is super satisfied and wants him to continue here and so does S, although he has rejected the extension offer for this stay only because I have to join back work by Apr '14. Hence, as you have guessed by now, the only confusing-factor (read barrier) in the whole decision-process is of course yours truly and her job back home. 

We have already started our packing and my brain had been working on the moving-scenario since last couple of weeks. But every night after Shreya goes to bed, when me and S sit with our cup of hot chocolate we discuss and talk about the mixed feeling that each one of us is experiencing about the move. We are undoubtedly looking forward to go back to our own home, meet our friends and family after such a long time and do all the stuffs we had been longing to do but deep down in our heart, we are sad that we are leaving this place - awesome locality, group of friends, our elaborate family time (which for some reason is very difficult to get in India) and not to mention every waking minute with Shreya. 

Life was perfect. It was not smooth everyday but it was a perfect-memorable-vacation, which I would love to hold close to my heart. 
When I left Canada last time, I shed a lot of tears and it was only for leaving behind S back here. Canada did not move me much, but I knew I would miss it for the perfect-family-time-we-had and for the fabulous city that it was. 
But this time, Canada means something else. This house gave me a lots of realization, made my biggest and most important dream come true, gave us countless unforgettable moments and memories. And now it's time to move, yet again. And this move is a difficult one, albeit, a move that we chose to make. 


Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a amazing writer sumita.....love the way u have expressed your feelings...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sumi. I am glad you liked it. Also welcome to my blog :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts