Happy birthday darling!

Dear P,

On your birthday, I wanted to challenge myself to come up with 5 points to describe and here is what I have come up with: (the list is in no particular order)

The one who came back, again and again
Long story short, we did part away multiple times during our 'dating days' - first because of my studies and then your job. And every time I reminded you that this is our test and anything could happen - we are human too. That there would be no bad blood if we find someone else during that phase and I remember you laughing at me saying so. And surprisingly every time you proved me wrong and came back to me with even more conviction. (No wonder you made sure I was left with no time and inclination to think of anyone else...lol)

Bestest Friend
The one who is there for me - n o  m a t t e r   w h a t!
A person in crime and the one with whom I can be as silly as possible.
A person who listens to me with all keenness - everything damn thing that I have to say.
A person from whom I learn goodness every single day.
A person who knows absolutely everything about me and my life.
My bestest friend...touchwood.

Perfect partner
A 'partner' in every walk of life. Starting from settling our home after marriage to anything to do with house-hold work to teaching me basics of cooking to taking care of a new-born in every possible ways to being an equal parent -  you have done it all.

Never a son- in -law
You have never been a son-in- law to my parents or family. You have been the son they never had and now the greatest moral support without whom my parents can't think of their life.
To my mom who shares an amazing hobby and delighted to have travel-companion in her 'jamai'.
For my dad the one-point-solution to all his queries.
You are truly the son they never had.

Amazing father. Period.
One day, Shreya will grow up and have her own words to say how blessed she is to have you as her father or make cards or bake a cake or color a drawing. But today, I speak for her and wish you a very happy birthday.  But then again, I know she would say whats so hot about only one day of celebrating the awesomeness of her Pappa when you two can laugh, play, squeal, talk and celebrate each other's company every single day.

Pepe,
It's a marvellous feeling to see the boy you love grow up into a man and and to grow up with him from a baby-fat-faced girl into a woman.
I know it sounds cliche but I have to repeat it again (and again and again) that there is no greater joy in my life than to have you beside me. To see you fight my battles. To have you hear me out patiently every time I want you to. To even comprehend my silence. Ageing together, you are the best thing that ever happened to me.

Happy birthday sweetheart. May you live life fully with no regrets and I pray to God for a healthy year ahead. Love you more than I can ever express.

Much Love,
Forever yours.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts