Just a thought...

I always think of myself as a career woman. I believe it is the soul of my identity.
When I talk to people around me, the one thing I tell them is that it makes me proud that I contribute to the economy in some small way and that I am recognized as a professional worth a paycheck at the end of the month. In some weird way, I have to admit that I love being needed for a specific piece of work. And of course I am proud that I have my own independent source of income!

However, on the other hand, woman's true success is based on how she matches the foot-steps of her partner in every walk of life, supporting him through all aspects - good or bad - by contributing with a paycheck or sharing the economic burden of the household. I must have been wrong. It is so much more than that! The identity and success thereafter of a woman, or for that matter, any individual lies with whatever that person wants to be and how far you have accomplished that.  And that includes being a stay-at-home mom whose aim is to be there for her family as best as can be. As clichéd as this sounds, the true home-maker does an amazing role of bringing up her kids to be human beings, ready to take on the world - constantly showing them the right path, making small and big decisions and sacrifices on their behalf. Being a brilliant mother and an amazing wife is indeed a challenge, and in today's individualistic society, we might be underplaying the importance of that a whole lot. All along, I thought that it was a sacrifice that a woman had to make to do this and now I can confidently say that I was grossly mistaken. It is a choice of who you want to be or how you want to define your happiness.  So, what defines your happiness?

Comments

  1. I completely second with you on that. Infact I was so sure I won't leave my job even during my pregnancy. In fact Z was born on 26th Nov at 1am and I was working till noon on 25th Nov. Then when Z came into my life my views changed. I would sure join back work when I can but right now I'm enjoying this phase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said...even for me deciding to leave the job was tough, even felt really low for somedays after that, but now I am enjoying every second of my life with my Mishti...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts