Shreya r - golpo

Sunday evening gyan:

Me while reading a book to the toddler: Chameleon changes colour.
Shreya: Why? **curious**
Me: Well....hmmm..
Shreya: *without missing a beat* Because it swallowed a rainbow!!!

#facepalm

I wish my imaginations were as creative as the 3-years-old or rather almost-4-years-old, as she likes to call herself.

#sheerjoyofchildhood

#########################################

As I am working from home today, I decided to surprise Shreya by picking her up from school. After answering 1000 questions as to why I did not go to office to Am I planning to pick her up tomorrow as well, she started blowing an endless stream of kisses my way while jumping up and down in the middle of the road screaming, "Mimme, mimme, mimme!" 

Man, she makes me feel like a rockstar!!! 

#########################################

Scene: Parents-teacher meet.

With all the informations on their cirriculum, lesson-plan and praises lastly the teacher told that she has a not-so-good-thing too to tell. Curious me asked her to reveal it and she told that "Shreya is almost glued to her best friend through out the class. So much that both of them mostly forget to eat their snacks during break. I have to literally make them seat separately". 

Much to the teacher's surprise, I was amused hearing this - firstly because I am glad that my daughter has started experiencing the awesome bond of friendship and secondly I can see history repeating itself 

#########################################

Shreya and I walking down the stairs, me in front. 
I’m wearing a long night-dress that’s trailing behind. 

Shreya: Mimme, your dwess is doing jhadoo **giggle** 
Me: Oh, ok
Shreya: You can also lift your dwess and walk. Like a pwincess.

So I walked like a pwincess and felt really good.

#simplejoyoflife

#########################################

Early morning conversation:

Toddler: "Is it holaday today?"
Me: "No, it's a school day" (she goes to summer camp)
Toddler: "But I want it to be holaday"
Me: "But it’s school day" 
Toddler: “I can’t go to school because I have turned into a pink fairy last night!”

Welcome to our world of imaginations and excuses!

#########################################


Comments

Popular Posts